Part of the pleasure is to handle some technical gear. I’m a geek since several decades… here is my current setup :
I’m currently on Sony cameras. I own and shoot on a Sony A7R3.
- Sony FE 14mm f/1.8 GM – Very sharp and a great lens for Astro !
- Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 GM – Incredible wide angle lens. Splendid for travelling, Night & Astro photography.
- Sony FE 24-240mm F3.5-6.3 OSS (SEL24240) – Very nice all-rounder. To me, Ideal when you are limited in weight.
- Tamron 70-180mm f/2.8 Di III VXD – Excellent for portrait.
- Sony FE 200-600 mm f/5.6-6.3 G OSS – The Sony Superzoom ! For capturing planets as Jupiter, and Saturn, with the 2X Teleconverter.
- SONY E-MOUNT 2X TELECONVERTER (SEL20TC)
- SONY E-MOUNT 1.4X TELECONVERTER (SEL14TC)
- NiSi Filter Kit 82mm : UV HUC, CPL HUC, Natural Night
- Urth – Filter Kit 82 mm : ND8, ND64 et ND1000
- + step-up adapter rings 82mm to all my lenses
- BENRO Tortoise 34C+GX35 Carbon Tripod
- Benro Carbon Travel Tripod
- Manfrotto Video Twin Leg Tripod MVT502AM
How to shoot long exposures of stars, without having star trails, due to earth rotation ? Use a star tracker, that makes your camera turns opposite to the earth rotation.
- Move Shoot Move (MSM) Star tracker
- Sky Watcher Star Adventurer
Software for Astrophotography